Friday, March 4, 2011

What is wrong with people?

The Daily Diatribe
By Joshua Herdt 3/4/2011



Today’s post deals exclusively with an article that was brought to my attention yesterday at work.  The article itself was posted in the Richmond Times Dispatch.  You can find that article here.

The article discusses a married couple Christopher and Rebecca Carroll from Manteca California.  Stop me if you’ve heard this one.

What an incredible story of absolute insanity! What the hell is wrong with people?  This guy drove for 45 minutes at speeds of 100 miles per hour with his wife clinging for dear life to the windshield wipers of their van.

Crazy, right?

Well if that weren’t enough to peak your curiosity, Christopher had an encounter with police a day before (last Thursday I believe).  According to the Turlock Journal:

“Carroll is the same person who police talked out of a Dumpster where he was allegedly trying to drown himself in two inches of rain water on Mission Ridge Drive Thursday afternoon after a 45-minute period of officers negotiating with him. He was then charged with being under the influence of an unknown substance in public.”

At this point you almost find yourself wishing the Police had let him drown.

If this story doesn’t make you question the nature of our own society I don’t know what will.  I mean really, why do we allow people such as this to breed? 

Do you think there were ever signs prior to this that the husband was a tad unhinged?  I can’t imagine something like that pops up out of the blue.  And, come to think of it, how the hell did she end up on the hood of that van anyway? 

As I mentioned in an email to a friend, I can’t imagine (even in my most loony and enraged moments) ever attempting to drown myself in a dumpster or hanging my wife from the hood ornament of our family sedan as I race down the highway.

You read things like this and you realize why evolution is just a theory.

No comments:

Post a Comment